Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beware of the barrenness of Busy Life

Although, I thought of writing 21 posts in the next 21 days; but never got to it. So, my 21 day challenge was a failure. But who do I blame it on? Busy Life. And yes, that is the topic of this blog post. 


After going into job, life has become busy! I am finding myself telling the old excuse of being busy to everybody which I so used to hate when I was a child! As a child, its very hard to imagine someone as busy. As an adult, with each and every minute of your life planned, you still cannot recollect as many moments of life as a child would. A child is free, yet his life is never barren.

Take this pop quiz:

  • Are you caught up in perpetual activity such as habitually checking news every hour, email every half an hour, facebook updates every 10 minutes, or answering random ims every minute or so.
  • If somebody asks you to describe your typical day, the only answer which comes to your mind is: Home - Office - Home
  • Do you find yourself getting a kick out of multi-tasking. You are one of those people who reads newspapers in toilets, along-with breakfast or while travelling to work.
  • You have not thought about what you want to achieve in life in the past 1 month
If answer to any of these questions is a yes; you are leading a barren life. Take some time out and change, this is your ONLY LIFE.

3 comments:

  1. Strangely I was almost opposite to the points you mentioned.

    And I wonder that I am not really busy but i usually end up liking so many things that i forget to focus at all.

    Which one do you think is better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good that you are not busy and end up doing things which your heart wishes to do. Atleast you are not caught up in perpetual activity and have time to think about what you really want from life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I see people around me doing such activities (barring the reading newspaper in toilet part :p)
    My answer is 'No' to all these questions.
    But still i am not at peace.

    ReplyDelete